**FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE APPLICATION OF EU GDPR, PLEASE SEE SECTION 9.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is information about you that identifies you as an individual, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through brochure request forms and phone/email contact. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services, information, participate in a contest or to resolve complaints or concerns.
3. HOW DOES COMPANY USE INFORMATION GATHERED ABOUT ONLINE VISITORS?
Before forwarding us any personal information, please be advised that any information gathered on our site may be aggregated and used for research and development relating to our cruise offerings and marketing communications. In particular, we may use information gathered about you for the following purposes: to monitor interest in our range of travel services, and to assist us to tailor our travel services and marketing communications to your needs by collecting information about your preferences through tracking of page views on our site; to create a profile relating to you in order to show you the content that might be of interest to you and to display the content according to your preferences; and, in circumstances where you have indicated that you wish to receive additional information, to send you information about us and promotional material about our products together with details of any offers we may have available.
4. PROMOTIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL OFFERS
With the implied permission of an online visitor, information submitted at the time of a brochure request may be used for email marketing and promotional purposes by the Company. If a visitor objects to such use for any reason, he/she may prevent that use either by e-mail request or by unsubscribing to all future email contact. The Company uses reasonable efforts to maintain visitors' information in a secure environment. If you have submitted personal information and want to change it or opt-out, please contact us as described below.
5. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The Company, in common with many web site operators, may use standard technology called "cookies" on its site. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular web site. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, some areas of the site may not function properly if you do so.
7. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
8. PROTECTION OF CHILDREN ONLINE
The Company considers the protection of children's privacy, especially online, to be of the utmost importance. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children nor do we allow them to become registered users of, or to request information through, our site or help-seeking information lines.
9. TERMS APPLICABLE TO DATA FROM EU MEMBER COUNTRIES - added June 1, 2018
The Company is based in Canada, and in most cases, the Personal Information we collect is stored and used in Canada. We only share Personal Information with third parties necessary for our outbound marketing efforts, such as social media advertising, email newsletters, and brochure mailings. Additionally, we are committed to the use of third party marketing services that are also proven to be GDPR compliant. We do not share Personal Information with any government agencies, hotel and transfer suppliers, or body outside of marketing communication efforts.
Effective May 25, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes a new, wide-ranging data protection law. If we collect Personal Information from EU residents, in addition to the above, the following terms also apply to our collection, use, and retention of that information:
Basis for Collection: as set out above, we collect and process Personal Information for which you have given your consent.
Onward Transfer: We only submit Personal Information to third parties in order to fulfill the marketing services they provide, such as MailChimp, Google Adsense, and Google Adwords. Such third parties must agree to use the Personal Information we provide to them only for the purposes for which they have been engaged and must either:
(a) comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles or another mechanism permitted by the applicable EU & Swiss data protection law(s) for transfers and processing of Personal Information; or
Your Rights as an EU member include:
- You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional messages via the instructions in those messages
- The right to withdraw consent to the processing of Personal Information about you
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Information we retain about you, although we reserve the right to charge a fee for this depending on the nature and frequency of your request(s) and our cost to provide the information.
- The right to have Personal Information we have about you corrected or removed, we may retain some of your Personal Information for the purposes of our legitimate business needs in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles. Any Personal Information you have shared publicly with others may continue to be publicly visible on the Sites.
10. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Our Commitment to Security:
- We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. The Company applies security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, such as retaining information in secure facilities and making personal information accessible only to authorized employees on a need-to-know basis.
Storage of Information:
12. QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
If you have any questions about this policy or about how we manage personal information, please contact:
Daniel Beals - Marketing Coordinator